We took a little road trip north of Milwaukee this February weekend. For your guide to the sweetest places in Port Washington + Cedarburg, keep reading!
106 Lake Street, Port Washington, WI 53074
Our day began at Rotary Park – gorgeous lakefront views and a walk along the docks was the perfect way to take in Port Washington. Nearby benches and a gazebo offer great picnic spots for the warmer months!
Next up: Exploring the Shops!
- Duluth Trading Co. – this was one of the most enjoyable shopping experiences we’ve ever had. The staff was SO friendly and we enjoyed browsing around the book and clothing selection. One staff member even gave us a presentation about ALL the underwear they sell! (https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/underwear/) Conveniently located next to the marina, I’d recommend stopping and checking out what Duluth has to offer!
- The Shoppes of Port Washington – luckily, I found postcards here! For those who don’t know, postcards are my tradition everywhere I go, and finding them can be tricky sometimes. This was an antique shop with fascinating and random things like a Blockbuster gumball machine and tons of sports cards.
- Broadway Popcorn – we stopped in to check out the crazy flavors like jalapeño cheddar, mint chocolate chip, and cinnamon toast crunch!
- Sherper’s – we enjoyed the outdoorsy, camping gear at this store along with lots of odds and ends to look at! A separate room holds kayaks and lots of clothing.
* We didn’t stop at the Chocolate Chisel on this trip, but I wanted to mention it for yours! I love this cute little ice cream shop and would recommend it for all your sweet teeth.
Next up was lunch at Stilt House in Cedarburg, WI-
- BBQ Chicken Sliders w/ Apple Slaw! Absolutely delicious and unique, we added sweet potato fries for the perfect pairing 🙂
- Other noteworthy menu items include smoked salmon dip, warm pull apart bread, and soft pretzel sticks
Shopping & Exploring in Cedarburg:
- Penzey’s – check out this seasoning and spice shop for every flavor you could imagine! I picked up the chicken taco seasoning and cannot wait to try it
- Rivoli Theater – catch a movie at this old fashioned theater for just $4
- Find a street parking spot and walk up and down the town center for tons of tiny shops and fun sights! Coffee shops, popcorn, bakeries and more are thriving in Cedarburg!
You can’t forget ice cream! We stopped at The Chocolate Factory for a scoop of Oreo 🙂